FR1 cuff adjustment

Hi there,

A couple of questions about cuffs:

How tight should they be? I’ve always done them to the point circulation almost stops as I thought that it was there to provide support, but watching videos it looks like people wear them a lot looser than that, especially for freestyle/slalom.

Secondly, the FR1s have a choice of 4 positions for the cuff, by moving a spacer. The instructions don’t say what each position achieves however. The adjustment of the 45degree heel strap is obvious, but as moving the cuff moves the whole assembly, it doesn’t make it tighter or looser, just puts it in a slightly different place. Has anyone played with this already and can share their insight?

Comments

• I had Fr1 and Fila Nrk carbon, both skates cuffs were placed to forward positions. So I could more have flex forward. As these cuffs are very high and stiff, dont expect too much differences.

As you said, loosing cuff give you more movements freedom, but for freeriding this will cause heel luft up and less stable at higher speed.

From The Netherlands

• Thanks.

I needed to rotate wheels anyway, and the 45degree strap was too long, so I’ve set that to be further back, and changed the cuff position from bottom to top to see how that feels. I’ve got back ache from garden stuff so it might be a few days until I can try!

• Yeah good luck. Have fun with trying out.

From The Netherlands