Arius plate - worried about „king pin“ threads

Hi :)

I am a bit nervous about the treads on the „king pin“ on my Arius plates. By king pin I mean the bolt that goes through the trucks into the plate.

I was changing the butterfly cushions yesterday and found several (maybe) issues:

• after loosening the bolt, it was stuck in the plate and truck, needing a bit of force to be pulled out. but the screw-part was fully loosened.
  • 2 out of 4 bolts showed noticable wear: they are not black anymore but have silver patches. Those bolts were the most stuck
  • on all bolts, there was some white … stuff on the treads, looking like some kind of corrosion or dust.
  • there where some silver metal shavings on the threads of the bolts. I suspect they come from the treads inside the plate… 😨
  • when reassembling, I was unable to just stick the bolt back in and screw it tight. I needed to tap them with the back of my screwdriver to get them back in so the threads would catch and not just turn in thin air

I gave the bolts and trucks a good dry clean and greased the bold (not threaded part) with a thin coat of lithium grease in hopes of making them fit/slide better.

It looks okay now and I manually checked the action - feels okay. But I‘m worried I got a faulty pair and don’t want to risk my bones :D

Should I be worried? Did I ruin them somehow?

Than you all in advance for checking this out 💜

Best wishes, Amber

PS: not native in English, please forgive me some clumsy langue

———

some background:

• the plates are ~ 2 years old, but only were skated on for about 20 hrs so far (got into a bad accident right after getting my new skates, back to skating for 1 month)
  • I changed the cushions from dark blue to sky blue because I was virtually unable to turn. When doing hard turns I would go up on the outer edge of the wheels or slide. Got bad feet cramps.
  • previous plates where magnesium avengers and some Chaya clip axle nonsense advertised as 45 degrees action. I liked the feel of both
  • I‘m about 5‘6 and 171 lbs with 15 years of skating (some street, mostly roller derby)