un rinked

rink rat giving out doors a try. looking for suggestions on wheels surfaces. ectera . have some old harlick boots roll line plates and 62mm 85a wheels indoor used 101a bones elite. had basic jumps. two foot spind l had a LOB spin basiocally my first freestyle test completed. competed in figures esquire D forward figures and dances. speed skated indoors. on inlines. sofar outdoors is a different world have tried blutooth speakers. but volume limited by nearby homes. have had our session DJ program using his laptop and a wifi broad casting music. because wifi can cover a basketball sized area effectivly that allowed us to use our cell phones as music players. so we could all listen to the same music and stay in time. but still need wheel reccomendations for a smooth tennis court or B ball court. 62mm 85A has been a good start. curious what other skaters find comfortable. and any outdoor tips you care to sgare. Thank You Skaters. cheers

Comments

• if we don't get kicked off tennis courts and basket ball courts are nice to roll on.

• managing to sweep the ground , will do middle floor activities line dancing. spins and laps around the perimeter thinking 57mm95a might work if it is smooth. 62mm 85Aif it is bumpy.

favorite indoor wheelare bones elite 57mm 101a perfect for most smooth clean indoor floors. 62mm for more roll.

• Pro I have a LOT of wheels and I skate indoors and out. In my opinion the best wheels for the sport court are (with no doubt or hesitation in my mind) is the Mota Toxic in a 59mm x 38mm or 62mm x 41mm. Diameter should be a function of your skate style (I'd say go for the 59MM based on your description). The Roll Line Giotto's will also work well on a sport court or fairly rough concrete. Just don't try those in the rink. Whereas the Mota will transition to many surfaces (including indoor) and still be highly performing. Mota does not publish the durameter. However, my durameter measures 93 for the "grip" and 95 for the "roll". The formulation of the urethane is key for non-rink outdoor surfaces. The Mota Toxic wheels are reeded and maintain grip a bit on wet surfaces, too. My second choice for the sport court would probably be the Atom Savant in a 93 or 95. For outdoor speed skaters I'd go with the Sure Grip Interceptor in a 62MM.

• " The Roll Line Giotto's will also work well on a sport court or fairly rough concrete. Just don't try those in the rink."

How come?

I have a pair of Giottos that i have done the flip mod on, (i don't like/use toe stops) and they're mainly for outdoor use but i have used them indoors with no issues.

Not arguing, just curious

• edited November 2020

“I have a pair of Giottos that i have done the flip mod on, (i don't like/use toe stops) and they're mainly for outdoor use but i have used them indoors with no issues.”

what is the flip mod? I run my Giottos both indoor and outdoor. I like them so much that I’m considering another set (shorter than my current 180 set) as outdoor-only.

Indoor Inline: Pinnacle Full Customs | Junk Fury 4x110 | TLTF/Simmons Wheels | NMB

Outdoor Inline: Simmons Full Customs | Junk Fury 4x110 | Junk Wheels | NMB

Quads: Reidell 911 | Roll-Line Giotto | Corey Super-Ds/JG Hubs/B-Skater 71mm Outdoor | Bones Swiss/NMB

• Idk the giottos have always been my favorite for art skating. Many different hardnesses for figures and freestyle

• "what is the flip mod? I run my Giottos both indoor and outdoor. I like them so much that I’m considering another set (shorter than my current 180 set) as outdoor-only."

A flip mod is where you chop the casting off for the toe stop mount and then tidy up the plate so it looks like the back end, which when mounted becomes the front. they're quite a bit taller than my Boens so i can run a tall outdoor wheel with no clearance issues, ( I like a soft action)

The Deanos in the pic now have full size tyres rather than the cut down version on them which i bought purely to get the hubs!

P1010003.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    P1010009.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • Haha you got the Roll-Line Giotto plate confused with the Roll-Line giotto wheels.

The Giotto plate is already NTS and designed as a plate for long figures, the wheels are a completely different thing that shares the same name, available in 60 and 63mm for loops and figures, and 57mm for freestyle.

• didn't know they did a Giotto Wheel, my plates were definitely a toe stop plate, my hacksaw, grinder and dremel fixed that though...

When i was looking for a quality plate for outdoor use there wasn't much around and EVERYTHING was toe stop, the wife has a pair of Raffaelo plates for outdoor that were subjected to the same treatment.

• Yeah the Giotto is the same design as the Mistral/Energy, but NTS. You probably had one of those instead of the giotto. The Raffaellos also have no toe stop, but got discontinued and were a cheaper version of the giotto. You probably just trimmed off a bit of the excess front, but there is definitely no toe stops on those, I have both plates.

The person way above was referring to the wheels when they said don't use them inside (probably had a really hard version of the wheels).

• edited November 2020

Maybe they didn't.....LOL You're right!

They definitely no longer have that long nose, that's why i would have modded them, i do mount my boots forward, somewhere between "sport" and "Aussie" mount... Wifeys Raffaello's are the same as mine so i'm assuming they have that long nose on them std too.

62719725582__1BF61168-2D85-4FDB-98E8-3D10CB87151A.jpeg
    3024 x 4032 - 3M
    62719724419__2B66D398-900F-4B0A-B182-592EA46AD143.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    62719717895__534724E7-91D0-42E4-8346-91BBA303F470.jpeg
    3024 x 4032 - 3M
  • I ended up with the2mm85a, 62mm 85A should have good roll and be grippy. I'd like to get different wheels to try. the 85A seem about right. just cheap ones on amazon I tried them indoors and they were very quiet and smooth . outside 85A make it easier to roll over debri and cracks.

62mm85A for fairly smooth outdoor surfacesI'm comfortable with 62mm 85A also works I've seen some on 57mm 96A