What is the Height Of Boot's cuffs

Where do the stiff part and the top part of the cuff of the boot hit you?

I'm wondering what different people have for the height of their boots. There are two heights that I can always feel on different skates, the height of the top of the cuff, and the height of the carbon just below that. I'm wondering what people have as the height of their foot in their boots according to this image (aka 0 at the center of the ankle bone on each side)

With the boots that I just tried, Bont Jet wide in the right size, the measurements were:

-2 on the inside carbon and 0 or a tiny bit above at the top of the leather.

-0.5 on the outside carbon and 1 or 1.5 at the top of the leather.

FootMeasureHeight.png
1634 x 2014 - 124K

Comments

• The Jets are much stiffer everywhere else in them than almost all the other skates I've been able to try, but wow they are painful on the inside ankle bone. Frustrating as it's nice to find a brand where I don't have to go up a size because they build a wide version and my toes actually are near the end.

I've been getting used to a Powerslide pair as they don't rip up my feet. The top of the carbon gets closer to the middle of the inside bone (probably -1/1 on the inside for the carbon) but they are large and feel floppy everywhere compared to the Bonts.

How high is the carbon part of the boot for you? How high is the top of your boot?

• edited July 2020

Don't really know I haven't measured. But for me Luigino Strut, Bolt and Challenge works best for me. The look high, but that is just microleather. They still hurts, so I heatmolded them to loose fit...

I had Maple Mpl 1, carbon and microleather same high, ankle hurts a lot. But have to commit, didn't took time took heatmold that area.

From The Netherlands

• edited July 2020

Ok interesting video on a boot makers thoughts.

bewindracing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzuc-2yVTg0&t=5m36s taking about all aspects of fitting to a foot.

Looking at the images of the lines on the foot. On my Bonts that I'm trying (they offer a wide) if I were to draw lines the top of the lines would be inline with the dot they drew on the side at the peak of the ankle bone. Seems to confirm that I'm stuck with bigger bones than the average.

• Also I took more attention for technique, less ankle hurt. And spot heatmolding using back of screwdriver to push out....

From The Netherlands