Inline frame on quad type boot?

Is it possible to put an inline frame on a quad boot?

After 10 years in quads for derby, I bought some blades for outdoor skating longer distances until we can play again, but I'm finding that the mechanics of skating and turning with an inflexible ankle are really hard on my knees -- replaced ACL, missing MCL. I'd like the speed of an inline, but I need to be able to compensate for my knees with my ankles.

I know true inline speed skates have a low cut boot, but at the moment I really can't make that level of investment in skates that are just for fun.

I've successfully mounted multiple quad setups. I have old quad boots I could use, and it looks like inline frames aren't terribly expensive. Is diy-ing a hybrid doable?

Comments

• Which inline frame?? Lots of options available and will recommend my mounting suggestion. Which boots do you plan on using??

Yeah it's possible but I would do better making proper recommendations if you would kind of point me to what you are looking !! Just as info, I have pulled ice blades off of Oberhamer 351s and Riedell 122s (Well it may not have been a 122 per se, but it sure looks like one w/o a heel) Note: these old school long track sk8s.

What ever you do it will truly challenge your ankle strength.

Good luck!!