Introduction Thread

Hello Everyone,

I'm from Vermont; Burlington originally and now St. Albans. Grew up rollerblading in the early 90s, first recreational, then "aggressive" in the late 90's/2k era. Good times.

Back to recreational now; have a paid of blades for me and the wife, going to get my two girls into it as soon as they are old enough.

Its great low impact cardio and beyond that great fun! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Comments

• edited March 2020

Native come from Vietnam, moved to the The Netherlands when 9 years old. Got some qaud rollers from friends. After broke bought cheaps ass inline skates ( plastic wheels).

When grown up, had more money bought my first Salomon agressive skates. Salomon the best asgressive skate ever! Did a long time, but too many injuries....

Friends stopped with skating, so I continue skating alone (Salomon freeride :customize my own skates). Now 35 years old, still freeriding and speedskating. Beside skating practising others sports to have good health for better skating.

From The Netherlands

• edited March 2020

Hi Everybody, hope this forum can grow and continue the great spread of information provided by skatelog.

I live in the Cincinnati area and started skating at age 6 (1989) and skated 2-3 times a week until my local rink closed in 1998. Around 10 years old, several older teens at the rink seen I was getting better and offered their help to make me a more complete skater. Through watching them and learning new things, skating became much more than just something to do with my friends on the weekend. I was devastated when the rink closed, and lived too far away to go elsewhere regularly. When I got my license at age 16, I did go a few times, but life got in the way and I ended up selling my skates. After a nearly 20 year break, I recently started skating again regularly 4-5 months ago and have been going 2-3 times a week since and loving it.

• Hello everybody,

I'm an addict.... LOL. I resterted skating almost 10 years ago. Skating for fun, relaxation, cadio/fitness. Now 59 yo. As soon as my foot heals, back on my wheels. Usually skate 3 hours a session. I did a lot of skate testing and wheels several years ago. Tests were designed to take away the curtain on skate steering and how it works. Anyway had been on SLF for many years. I hope tjis pulls a bit of people back from FB. There is no history there to look up so it will have to be re-introduced here.

• Hi guys. I was also on Skatelog. I like "old school" forums because I love reading. Forums are usually a treasure-trove of information. I've been skating for the past 42 years! Quads, inlines, ice skates and free-line skates. The best thing about being an adult is being able to support my habit.

Good to see you all here and meet new people!

• Newbie here, I bought my first quads at about 15 year old. They were graf gtx 175, skated them for about 3-4 years outdoors. I have just dug them out of garage 20 years later during this virus.... why did I stop skating lol !!

Thinking about putting my own new pair together myself....

I've looked into foot sizing via ice hockey boots sizing, my feet are quite wide, touch the sides in the graf boot. Who does wide fitting boots / shoes?

• I've read that Sure-grip are generally wider and would agree with that assessment from the Rebels I own for my outdoor skating. Riedells usually run quite narrow, like a B in front to a AA in back unless you order skates with a D/B last. Vanilla's Freestyle are purported to be C-width and I'd assume that all of their Junior models would also be C because they're modeled after the Freestyle but with alternative materials making up the boot and soles. I've no experience with skates made by Jackson or Bont... anyone else want to chime in on this one?

• Thanks for the info PRFunky, I should of probably posted my question else where. I'll have a look at sure grip and vanilla 👍

• Hello All,

Returning resident from abroad 30yrs. Finally managed to buy myself some skates after years of wishing I'd done it sooner.

Happy Skating ☺

• Hi Everyone!

I'm from/live in the NJ (moving to Maryland soon) and started skating in 1982. Stopped skating completely in 1997 and then picked it back up again in 2017. Haven't missed a week since then, even in this time of the pandemic (I can skate in my basement or garage).

I normally skate 2-3 times a week (Two 2-1/2 hour sessions, one 5-hour session) when the rinks are open and about an hour to an hour-1/2 at home. Have a couple different pairs of quads I roll on and I rhythm skate.

• Hi every body I live in Florida Originally from Ohio. I was and artistic skater mostly Freestyle But also did dance, figures , pairs and fours. I am not skating right now but I still have my skates.