Plates for Tall Wheels?

I'd like to try using wheels taller than my 65's, but my plates will not allow the extra height. What's a good plate for taller wheels?

Comments

• edited December 2020

handmade plates or special order. Most plates are not near tall enough for free movement with large wheels.

32807255712_80e935343c_c.jpg
    800 x 450 - 105K
  • or make your own

32961144875_17a91e1d3c_c(1).jpg
    450 x 800 - 135K
  • Whoa! Is that a pair of inline boots mounted onto those quad plates?!

Have you made any yet that accept toe stops?

Some of us might be willing to pay for such a plate! I have an old pair of Simmons inline boots that I've always loved, but are the old 6 1/2" bolt spacing, and are therefore not able to fit on my 4x110 frames, but I might be willing to use for quads if they'd fit. I can't possibly be the only one out there.

This is my signature.

• Nope, no stops. They are made to accept SG D/A 45 trucks. But fit very snug but are comfortable. No loss of energy due to boot slop. These plates are made for 195mm mounting centers. Easy to adjust side to side on the plate/frame to get you centered. I have made 3 sets, one was for long frame testing on 8+ inch axle centers. They can handle wheels up to 70mm, probably more for outdoor skating too.

• I have been using Suregrip Super X and they handle 70mm with loooaaads of clearance space between the wheel and boot, it's really a high plate

• edited January 2021

Sure Grips tend to be taller plates and handle taller wheels without issues. I have Avengers, and they handle 65-70mm without any bite issues.