Do you practice other sports beside skating, why?

Hi all,

In beginning I did only practicing skating and less other sports ( I love many sports).

Now I have admit when doing some muscle exercises and other sports.

I feel I can skate better; stronger and faster.

Too bad my brains don't like to do these exercises, to fool my brains.

I just think when doing these exercises, I can skate as a gift 🤣

So when doing other sports what is your goal to keep doing it?

From The Netherlands

Comments

• Snowboarding, skiing, yoga and strength training. But honestly, I'm too obsessed with skating to really want to do anything else. I skate 5 days a week. What other sports do you do?

• Cool same here, I have to skate less. Some days I am just tired to skates. I do cycling, running, working at a running park with static machines ( for strength). But not for heaving looking muscle, only extra luggage when skating. At work we have opportunity to work out muscle and endurance training. Also yoga, but have never tried yoga before....... But i think yoga will heps to get more flexible?

From The Netherlands

• I actually started with nordic (cross country) skate skiing, and as the motions are similar to ice/roller skating I highly recommend it as a winter exercise! Great way to get outside in the winter and you get that same "flying" feeling. You can't do tricks, but as far as maintaining balance, power, and endurance it doesn't get much better in the colder months.

FR3 80 inline skates

flow and slalom

Milwaukee, WI

• I have Powerslide Imperial nordic skates. Never tried them before. I need some walking sticks?

From The Netherlands

• I do a few other sports, but they all support my skating. I cycle(indoor and outdoor), strength train, and do off-skate exercises/plyometrics.

I used to race motorcycles a few years back, but a terrifying high-side crash ended my "career". I ended up fracturing my sacrum inward and never really got the nerve back to push myself the way I did before the crash. I did road racing and track day instruction for a couple of years afterward, but gave that up when I got fully involved again with skating.

I used skating as a rehab from the fracture and started competing again a year later.

Indoor Inline: Pinnacle Full Customs | Junk Fury 4x110 | TLTF/Simmons Wheels | NMB

Outdoor Inline: Simmons Full Customs | Junk Fury 4x110 | Junk Wheels | NMB

Quads: Reidell 911 | Roll-Line Giotto | Corey Super-Ds/JG Hubs/B-Skater 71mm Outdoor | Bones Swiss/NMB

• Aahh glad to hear you can still practice skating :-) Yes skating is a good rehab if you asked me.

It use a a lot of things of our body :-)

From The Netherlands

• If you like skating, you'll love Skooting. You can even ride double on Skoots.

https://youtu.be/rhtwhhztGrk

• I dance (breaking, locking, house). Breaking is really fun since everything is allowed as long as you have the flavor and can kill the beat. Locking is an arm orientend dance so I like that It shifts my center of mass without needing my legs. It complements skating very well. House style is... house style. XD

I wouldn't really call these sports but the activities are all to music, something I certainly appreciate and are a way to break up my computer-oriented day.

• Good for you. When I'm not Skooting I am a musician.

• Well when I'm not skating I'm skateboarding. But I was a skateboarder before a rollerskater. That's how I came up with these. I didnt really have access to a good pair of skates and probably wouldn't have started skating if I hadn't been a skateboarder. Made these in 2015 and now the foam under my sandal is starting to pop up....so I'm looking around for some "long skates" or any skates where the front and back wheels are a longer distance apart. Let me know if anyone has ideas. Thanks

https://giphy.com/gifs/rollerskates-long-skates-D7D7cDqirw33kkXd8S

20210627_173711.jpg
    3024 x 4032 - 5M
  • I do strength training (Starting Strength program) Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and try to skate Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

I've also done yoga and CrossFit in the past and I feel all the other disciplines have contributed to me becoming a better skater :)

• Moo foom, Try Skooting. Plenty of room for your feet.

https://youtu.be/5AWV8yJ-B2E