Idk about these wheels...

Last week on amazon I ordered some new wheels for my impalas, which I do a mix of indoor and outdoor, (mostly outdoor though), skating on. When they got here, I realized that they are only 54x32mm... Will these still work for outdoor skating?? They aren't hard plastic or anything, just small. Heres the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JPZFF8B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Comments

• Smaller wheels are easier to handle and faster start up.

So I don't see any problem to skate outside....Just try....🤗

Just be aware of rough surface... :-)

From The Netherlands

• Yeah, those aren't likely to do well outdoors at all. For one, I don't think they'll take the beating. And for outdoors, you really want a tall wheel - 70mm or so if you can fit them. And soft, like 80A or less. A small, harder wheel will stall on every little twig and pebble and beat you to death on pavement.

Look at the Sure Grip Route 65 or Route 70, or the Boardwalks. They're ~78A and meant for outdoor skating.

• Vicky, I had almost the same wheels and they were great for outdoors. I think you'll be absolutely fine. Don't sweat it. Also, let us know when you try them out.

• Yeah they'll be fine & real fast. I've got a giant bruise & pavement marks on my right butt cheek to prove it lol. However like dvw mentioned soft for outdoors. It's been years since i lasted skated we use to use lipbomb which were narrow but tall (don't recall height. Tho most likely 70mm) that was mainly on smooth tarseal/asphalt. They weren't soft nor hard kinda in between

Faking it till i make it

• I DDDfind at least 65mm tall and 78a to be the best wheel for outdoors with the least amount of 'hang-up' s happening. I won't skate outside in less than a 62mm wheel. I like my front teeth too much.

"I just love to skate. I found that the more time I put into it, the more enjoyment I got out of it." --Slomo

• Depends on if you are trail skating for fitness, jam/rhythm skating on a sport court, and what you value the most. If you want speed, go with a larger diameter wheels. Those work great for trail skating and freeride since they will take you farther with each push. Smaller diameter wheels will give you more agility and allow for closer tolerances as you dance. Large and small diameter wheels are available in outdoor formulations. If you have any joint pain, go with something soft like a 78A durameter for quads but for outdoor stick to 82A-88A for inlines. I'd avoid anything with a durameter of 93 or greater when skating outdoors (beats up your knees). Most outdoor wheels work great indoors, but the opposite is most definitely not true. Outdoor wheels used indoors on inline skates usually have too much slide.