Speed plates / Park plates

Hi, I'm wanting to build some custom skates, has anyone tried BONT Zeus speed plates, I would like to use them on a rink and skate park too. Would they be strong enough for jumping around? I don't like toe stops. Also the Antik AR2 Park look good for street, I guess I could take the toe stop off. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers Stev.

Comments

• What Bont size are you? I got a custom build done with a Bont and NTS Cyclone plate with flip axles but never used it because I switched to artistic skating. I would think that they'd be strong enough to jump around, as it's a metal plate (but depends on your weight and if you're going to be falling a lot or not). NTS plates are perfect for rink skating, and make toe moves pretty easy compared to plates with a toe stop. They're also slightly lighter which is nice. I don't have any personal experience with skating in Antik skates, but they seem to be relatively popular with the derby crowd. The only issue that stood out to me when I first saw and held an Antik boot was the weight. As for skating at a skate park, I wouldn't try to grind any rails without a grind block attached, but just skating around they'd be fine, I would worry much more about your choice of wheels in that case.