Plates not mounted symmetrically- is that bad?

Hi, So I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, wondering if I could get a second opinion about this!

These are Riedell Zones. I noticed one of the plates is mounted significantly closer to the edge than the other. I posted on a reddit forum about it and most people said it was a bad mounting job, that they should be symmetrical and I shouldn't skate on them. Others said it was fine. At the moment I'm waiting to hear back from Riedell.

I'm wondering if these look unusable to you - will an asymmetrical alignment detrimentally effect the performance of the skate, make me prone to injuries, etc? Should I get these remounted?

Thanks for your help :)

PXL_20210131_044923811.jpg
3024 x 4032 - 3M

Comments

• You can skate on them but bad mounting jobs shouldn't be tolerated. Loosen the trucks a bit if they start pulling in the wrong direction.

• Ah ok, sounds like I should get them remounted! In the meantime, I'll follow your advice.

• Oops just realized this was Doc's section. He will get back to you with solid advice, definitely listen to what he has to say as well haha.

• I'm not as grouchy about this as long as the advice is good. ;) That said Remounting them is the best way to go. Just find someone that can do it right..