Comments

• Wow, those look like a serious setup. What's your setup for? Freestyle?

I've recently bought myself a new pair of FR1 310s that I'm very excited to try!

Given that we all have some newfound free time on our hands, I thought I'd get back into skating. It's my first time with a 3 wheel setup, since my last pair were more traditional 4 wheel FRX80s.

Really excited to see what everyone else has to share!

• Nice buy! I am riding urban with high speed as possible. I like to ride everywhere as possibe.

Yeah Seba's are okay. I had one of the first Seba FR1 when they came out in 2005. Too bad they didnt fit me, too small and very stiff. So after one time use... laying eating dust.

What is your 3x110 frame lenght?

From The Netherlands

• Today I got my new FR Daria inline slalom skates!!!!! They are so amazing, I'm not kidding. I had Seba High Lights from 2012, but it was time to retire them.

Fist thing that amazed me is the frame. I put my old wheels and bearings in and I never knew they could roll so well. I got twice the roll for each push. I think it's due to the frame (the technology has come a long way). They came pre-rockered, so I didn't have to buy a replacement frame.

Second thing, I guess that carbon fiber is AMAZING!!!! The upper cuff is firm. The whole skate is firm but cushioned. Your foot is locked into place. I can spend a lot of time on my toes with no toe pain because my foot is locked in. I could even spin on one toe!😀

Only two criticisms. Despite being made for women and an overall better fit, the toe box is just a tiny bit wide. I put two Noene Undersoles under the insole and that solved the problem. The purple color is beautiful, but I wish black were also an option.

I definitely would recommend these if you like dancing and slalom. It's the best purchase I've made so far this year.

• Sounds good to me! have fun! any pictures?

From The Netherlands

• Got a pair of FR1s coming tomorrow, hopefully they fit ok! Not been on skates for a decade and a half, and my old K2 Fatty Pros have fallen apart.

Oh, and also new to the forum!

• Man I had K2 Eric Schrijn, too bad they ran sizes bigger.

Good old days :-)

s03141-2.jpg
    500 x 480 - 43K

From The Netherlands

• Well my FR1s turned up. I think I’m just the wrong shape for everything... My big toe feels cramped, but the cuff and ankle strap are too loose. I’m guessing I need at least a size smaller, and the toe thing will be down to breaking them in! I’ll have to deal with international postage to send them back too!!

• Photos for reference

03B882D8-578D-437D-8D1A-7F8353B5BA63.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    6A8169EC-E836-4B78-A1A6-4E213DB92B36.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
  • Ah bummer! I had the same problem with my old Seba High Lights, only opposite! The sizing is all weird. You're not alone. Once you get one that fits, you'll be happy. I also had the OLD OLD Fatty Pro's. They don't make em like they used to, not as comfortable anymore. I'd probably have to try a different model these days.

• That micro buckle is easy fix just skate toque...

Or drill out that buckle rivet and move to lower area for more clearance.

I suppose Seba are still using rivets to fasten those micro buckle.

For cuff problem, just cut excessive plastic and smoothen with sandpaper.

But ofcourse better to send back...

From The Netherlands

• The smaller size turned up - yikes they’re tight!! I’m hoping they’ll get better as they wear in as I’m sure the next size up were too loose! Preferred the grey to these orange, and would have preferred white over both, but I would have had to pay a lot more for those in the right size.

025C1185-6364-4207-9C2F-842C9F29B47B.jpeg
    640 x 480 - 145K
  • And @Schpanky I think my Fattys were pretty close to being one of the original design:

3DF099BD-9827-474C-AB27-399279A52662.jpeg
    640 x 568 - 199K
  • I like the color orange! Cool that old school K2.

From The Netherlands

• Memphis- Yup, those really bring back memories! Skate parks and city streets were so much fun. I used to blow out every set of wheels. I remember using a friend's sander/drill?? to make the part in the frame deeper to catch the railings easier. I swear I used to sleep in those skates. Cheers.

• Haha I used grind on asphalt edges to to wear frames and remove rubber from two middle wheels (so only hubs left for better smoothest).

From The Netherlands

• I forgot I also bought some Triple8 RD wrist guards. My old wrist guards were huge half-fingered things (a bit like fake brown leather versions of Triple8’s hired hands, as partially visible in the K2 photo above). These are much easier to get on and off!

• Also forgot the rockered frames I got to see how that works for me. Apparently came off a pair of Igors, and in pretty good condition. They're on my FR1s now, don't know when I'll get a chance to have a go. If I like, I'll hopefully be able to sell the nearly-new 4D frames that I removed for at least what I paid for the rockered ones.

• What is a 4d frame?

From The Netherlands

• They're the standard frames the FR1 comes with:

4DFLAT_2400x.jpg
    800 x 800 - 19K
  • Ahh nice! Are Seba skates still using multiple mounting holes or slots?

From The Netherlands

• Multiple threaded holes in the boot plates, slots in the frames

• Thanks!😀 have fun with rolling.

From The Netherlands

• Bought many skates stuff last days, but too lazy to catch some pictures. One of my new purchase.

20200526_113251.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 7M

From The Netherlands

• Had to give up one of my pairs of Sure-grip Rebels I used for outdoor skating to my friend's son whose feet suddenly grew 4 and a half sizes bigger. Still have my quad-line pair but wanted the ability to practice jam-style stuff outside while the weather is good so I bought a pair of Bont Parkstar boots. Attached to them is my oldest pair of Crazy Apollo plates and a set of Kryptonics Route 70 outdoor wheels which I hadn't even begun to wear down yet.

IMAG0006.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 994K
  • You can't have enough wheels. Bought a bunch of Hydrogen 125 wheels.

20200620_122405.jpg
    3024 x 4032 - 3M

From The Netherlands

• It looks like you have enough wheels for th next 5 years at least ;)

I started my 125mm adventure on Hydrogens a week ago, on a new Cadomotus TR-5 frame (4x110 or 3x125). It's said to be much more flexible than my old frame by Schankel (3x110/100), but I hardly feel any difference in flex (possibly I am not pushing it hard enough).

• Haha I wish you are right, after few sessions wheels are pretty worn out. And breaking with dragging doesn't help too to extend lifespan.

I can feel flex after long ride or next day training again. So ankles need more strength to overcome these situations.

From The Netherlands

• Bought these with different wheels.

20200714_200629.jpg
    1440 x 1882 - 228K
  • edited July 2020

Decided over covid to get back into skating after a 30 year hiatus. My right butt cheek is now much better lol after going arse over kite landing full on weight on it. Now nursing after that unfortunate event 3 weeks ago a slightly strained right thigh muscle after over doing it & not stop skating when i should have while training. Well enough about my aging issues hahaha. Ok on 17 june received my set of antik arius skates. They were not the best fitting shoe. Very tight across the sides of my feet where toes join foot. Used heat gun to make adjustments, all good now. Only issue left is the carbon in the very front directly ahead of my big toe (Can't be seen from outside). They have it so the carbon curls up. This means when i place weight on my foot the big toes move forward butting into the carbon. It's enough to be an annoyance & painful when pressure from skating is added. Have to dig toes into soul to stop it happening. Not much i can do even padding is no help. However i can deal with it. Strange the foot drawings i sent wouldn't have made it obvious my toes would be too close. If that carbon didn't curl it would be a non issue. Other than that the shoes are quite comfy. For past month have been buying wheels with 1 set still to arrive along with bearing puller. Roller Skate Wheels Set of 8 62mm x 32mm Sky blue 88a

Left to right assuming piks list in order of upload. Anything with ? means i'm guessing by testing with teeth :D

1st pik blue & black tyres. 2nd pik 1 on top of other two. 3rd pik 3 horizontal wheels. 4th pik skate

Set of 8 Tacoma Speedway Indoor Wheels (Plastic rim) 91 hardness ? 62mmH x 35W

8 Vintage Pro Labeda Fan Jet Roller Skate Wheels (Plastic chrome rims) 78-80 hardness ? really soft 60 H x 40 W

Sonar Wheels - Ninja - Agile Roller Skate Wheels - 2 x 4 Pack of 59mm x 38mm Wheels | Pink | 91A Hardness (alloy) 60H x 40W

Anabolix Heir Series Hotlines Roller Skate Wheels (alloy) dual hardness it has turqoise 10mm strip on rear edge. 95 hardness outer tyre ? , 91 inner tyre ? 62H x 42W

Scott Corey Enforcers Skate Wheels .Tires are scotts Fluro Reds 96/97a 64mm H by44mm W. Hubs are JG 45mm super fan jets (look like new rims & hardly been used) they look good but that's all they're good for as they add quite a bit of weight & yeah you notice it lol

1 Set Labeda Red Fan Jet Skate Wheels (alloy) | 91A Hardness ? 60H x 45W

Orange wheel is originally from arius skate. morph 88a (plastic) 59H x 40W

1 Set Labeda Orange Fan Jet Skate Wheels (alloy) | 91A Hardness ? (alloy blue anondising from same seller as Red tyred set) 57H x 42W (assume tyre is now worn down compared to red set)

1 Set Labeda Red Fan Jet Skate Wheels (alloy) | 91A Hardness ? (from same seller as Orange tyred set to the left w blue rim ) 62H x 44W

Antik Carbon Arius with Sonar Wheels - Ninja - Agile Roller Skate Wheels - 4 Pack of 59mm x 38mm Wheels | Teal | 88A Hardness (alloy) 60H x 40W

Bearings with black seals are brand new & bloody rubbish from ebay. Bought 100 of them dirt cheap lol & got what i paid for. all cages are not centered & scrape inner race. Pressure applied on install now make bearings feel like a used set & noisy as frak when spun by hand. New stainless bearings are on their way

IMG_20200718_092902 2.jpg
    404 x 225 - 43K
    IMG_20200718_092902 3.jpg
    375 x 361 - 51K
    IMG_20200718_092902 1.jpg
    509 x 262 - 50K
    IMG_20200718_094940.jpg
    1286 x 992 - 380K

Faking it till i make it

• Hey there! I buy all kinds of stuff, some junk, and some like these Cooper Leather hockey skates that I am thinking of turning into quads. From what I've heard, Cooper was a hot item in the 90's, but didn't last long at making equipment. These boots have never been worn.

20533382913733tgos.JPG
    640 x 480 - 61K
    27318312913733tgos.JPG
    640 x 480 - 59K
    48144162913733tgos.JPG
    640 x 480 - 50K

"I just love to skate. I found that the more time I put into it, the more enjoyment I got out of it." --Slomo