Skate advice for newb to inline - please

Hello- before this pandemic, I was playing/skating on ice about 3 times a week. Since the rink shutdown, I pulled out my pair of Mission Inhaler AC5s that I bought used about 5 years ago. The skates were virtually new and came with 76A hardness wheels in the HiLo config. I ordered some 82 durometer asphalt wheels so I could keep skating on my street and "flatten the curve" when I get back on the ice. I know the Missions are not near top of the line, or baked/broken-in like my trusty 4-5 year old ice hockey Bauer X-100s... but here is the problem- the AC5s hurt like hell and my feet get tingly in about 10 mins. I'm sure they are the right size- 8.5s. My toes are just right if they were ice skates. I even put my ice skate insoles in the Missions and they fit perfectly. If a shop was open I'd have a few spots punched out but that's not an option right now. My goal is just to skate around on my street and keep my legs in shape, (skating up-hill- what a concept!;-) but the skates are killing me. So finally, the question- how can I accelerate the skate boot break-in cycle and/or address a couple high points in the boots? Sorry for the long newb question. I appreciate any advice from this excellent forum! Thanks- Ken

Comments

• You you use a shoe stretcher tools to to make space for your feet.

Ofcourse this tool only works with leather, fabric boots.

For plastic boots you need to use heat gun to make room in plastic boots.

From The Netherlands

• Thank You for the heat gun idea. Cheers!

• And just use a round shape tool e.g screwdriver handle to push...

From The Netherlands

• edited May 2020

A great work out you can get on inline skates but not on ice skates is skating uphill backwards. Do a mile of that! GREAT workout. SWEAT!!!! Also, let us know if your skates are working out better now.