Sure Grip Avanti vs Super X Plates - Are they that different?

Hi,

General question as to the real performance differences between these two plates for general outdoor recreation/dance skating(no intention of Skate Park use). I can see that they are both 10 degree aluminum plates, the Avanti has an adjustable toe stop whereas the Super X toe stop is non adjustable. To my eye, the Avanti appears newer and more refined finish wise as the Super X looks very basic/clunky/heavy duty like it could go on rental skates with a long life cycle.

Is the Avanti that much better performing and/or lighter in weight for a given plate size?

Regards,

Tony

Comments

• The mag version with adjustable pivot trucks are better than the regular one or the Super X since it has a ball and socket pivot vs the rubber cup.Is it that much different?? I think so but almost all of my plates have that feature. The reat trick is getting the full set of Super Cushions. The plates come with the purple (medium hard) cushions. The yellow (medium soft) and blue (soft) should be all you would need. The red ones are really stiff but maybe that your thing.