Need advice about my first pair of inline speed skates please

Hi and thanks in advance for any wisdom: I've been skating various versions of fitness skates for a couple decades, mostly various K2 and Rollerblade options. Feeling an absolute need to cut the cord/lower the boot and go faster/lighter/stronger etc. Slightly afraid of spraining/breaking my ankle(s) but on the other hand not really looking for any kind of hybrid option; I feel a real need to get out of high boots and into something not necessarily race-ready but peleton-ready. But have almost no idea what to look for, other than probably something from Bont? Anybody know of any NYC-area shops for this? Many thanks...

Comments

• I'm in a similar situation, although I haven't been skating as long as you. Fitness/urban skating for a few years. I also ride/race bicycles. I recently ordered a pair of Bont Jets w/ 110/100 mm Hilo frame to keep it newbie friendly enough. Have you gotten speed skates yet?

• Learning to skateboard by yourself can be a process of trial and error--but by taking it slow and practicing these basic steps, you'll be well on your way to mastering the board. Rollerblading is one of the most efficient cardiovascular activities you can do in terms of burning the most calories per unit of time. ... person will burn about 260 calories in 30 minutes of rollerblading. If you're larger, you'll burn more calories, and if you're smaller, you'll burn less https://rigorfitness.com/.

• Choosing the appropriate bearings may significantly impact how fast you can go. Moreover, routine maintenance is a must because these parts may malfunction from time to time if they are old and improperly handled.

• Ice skaters expend a great deal of energy while skating. They make fast movements with their arms, legs, and bodies. So, ice skating is a terrific way to stay cool and healthy. You can also rely on it to help you reduce weight.In one hour, a 180-pound person will burn approximately 600 calories.

• K2 Kinect skates works great for me.

It’s 4x80mm wheels with ABEC-5 bearings. When you get comfortable skating you can upgrade the bearings to ABEC-9 for faster speed.

I created a video on speed comparison. I can post it if anyone wants to see it.

• Bearings are the last thing that you can gain from. Bearings are the most precise part on any skate, the least to make gains from. Wheels are number1, skate setup is a mix of things and takes time to sort out.

1 frame/wheel base/size of wheels/adjustment side to side, front to back. These a lot to it especially if you are buying better than just rec skates.