Wheels

Hi, new skater here... question on wheels, this may be a stupid question, but are wheels interchangeable, like can Moxi wheels be used on a different brand of skate? I tried looking this up, however I may suck a tad at investigating this subject😜 Any help on this is much appreciated

Comments

• Hi, new skater here... question on wheels, this may be a stupid question, but are wheels interchangeable, like can Moxi wheels be used on a different brand of skate? I tried looking this up, however I may suck a tad at investigating this subject😜 Any help on this is much appreciated.

• When you're talking/asking about skate parts, try to talk about them in terms of their materials and dimensions etc.

Wheels are typically interchangeable. The length of your axles may make a certain wheel easier or harder to fit. Some wheels are significantly wider (46mm as opposed to 30mm) and the space between bearings may be quite large. Being imperial versus metric is the thing that usually catches some people off guard. 8mm bearings (608) versus 7mm bearings (627). Axles are cast to fit a certain size bearing, either 8 or 7mm. If your skate had 7mm axles, you could consider axle sleves to add some more material around your axle which would allow you to use 8mm bearings.

Moxi uses Riedell parts to construct their boots, and in turn, the 8mm bearings standard.

Answering your question simply, yes; Wheels are interchangeable between brands.

• edited April 2021

Bigger wheels provide ease while rolling over rocks, cracks, and other crevices that smaller wheels can’t handle. Installing higher trucks or risers is highly recommended, though, as bigger wheels are prone to catching wheel bite. You should opt for high-quality, polyurethane wheels that offer resilience and your safety. :)