Sa Cushions for Velvettread

I'm working on some Lytle Hyde boots mounted to Chicago Velvettread plates. They had wooden wheels of the same branding with the 2 piece hub system (very interesting and awesome) and the short little axles where the bearings sit in there together with no spacing. I'm replacing the axles with standard 7mm (9/32 x 4 1/8) so I can fit some modern wheels to this set-up as the short axle would not be able to accommodate any wheel that I know of or can easily obtain other than the wooden wheels it was designed for. Other than that these are good to go I'll just need some new cushions. SG single-action cushion the way to go? What other options might I have. I saw you posted a picture of this plate in the prior forum where you had replaced the cushions with something other than a SG sa cushion. Any advice much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• As I explained on fb, the large diameter cushions from SA Black Diamonds / Cobras / Scorpions and Ultimate IIs work fine as do the aftermarket urethane cushions made for those plates.