Moxi Lolly or vintage Riedell/Sure Grip

Dear Community!

i’m new to the forum and dusting off my rollers after 17 years!

I’m improving my level (mostly rhythm/dance but anything and everything really) quite fast and i’m looking to upgrade my stiff and heavy impalas but I’m based in Berlin, Germany and it’s quite hard to get decent quads here, so second hand it is but since there’s not really a way to test most of em some general feedback would be awesome.

i’m looking at two options: a brand new pair of Moxi Lolly and a NOS vintage Riedell boots with Sure Grip Jogger plate and Labeda wheels, both for about the same price.

now they both feel pretty good but i can’t really roll-test them and they will for sure react very differently with time, specially the boot.

on the Riedells i would for sure replace the toe stop for a dance plug.

Any recommendation?

here i attach couple of pictures of the Riedell. The Moxis i guess everybody knows.

Thanks and have a great one!

6535538F-1997-4849-AC1E-3084BCDD4523.jpeg
750 x 992 - 350K
11CF460E-E316-464E-9FEF-498E2D1D71ED.jpeg
750 x 999 - 762K

Comments

• Do the Riedell. Don't get Moxis

• I'd go by the width of your toe box. If you have a narrow toe box, go with the Moxi Lolly. If you have a C-width (normal) go with the Sure Grip. If you are wide, go with something else (neither of these). That's my opinion based on what you know right now. The plate on the Sure Grip pair is probably a bit nicer, but nothing dramatic. Also let us know where you came down!