Going from Riedell to Edea

I am looking to switch from a Riedell 297 to an Edea Classica. I am a returning artistic skater from the 80's. Skated Freestyle, Figures and Team Dance in the day. Now I'm back into it mainly skating solo dance and team dance. I guess I want to know if anyone has had any experience with the boot transition. I have been told the Edea boots are better in the long run and they skate totally different. Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Go big if you have even the slightest concern about toe box width. I have two sets of the Classica but never rode a Riedell 297. I can tell you that my first pair of Edea was a disaster due to just being too small. Skate shop was too aggressive with wanting me in a tight skate that time. Next time I ordered my own from SkatesUS and waited for-ev-er to get them during pandemic skate-mania. This time they fit and I gave them a better run. I mounted Roll Line Dance plates on them, which I've liked so far. The toe-box isn't that wide, so I went up two sizes from what the skate shop originally stuck me with (sold that dog-pair after just a few skates big waste of money). I think they are good, but honestly would like more ankle movement. They are stiff as heck, but I guess that's for folks wanting to land some pretty big jumps, axles, and such. You pay a price for that support on the dance side, though. Limits you much more than say a Berry low-cut dance boot does. I wish they hadn't flopped. I got the Classica because it was supposed to be the most suited for dance. Turned out it's a great skate boot, but ideal for dance? No. I own better. For one, my Crazy Skate Evoke boots with Arius Platinum plates franken-skates are better for my style and use so far. Folks will laugh but I took my Edea + Roll Line Dance setup to the park. I just swapped to some stiffer coushons and put on some park wheels. They were great!