Sport Court - Wheel Suggestions Please - Old Guy Trying to Skate Again:)

Hi all. My local rink just reopened, and I am going to try and skate again (been 35 years). It has a fairly slick sport court and looking for wheel "hardness" suggestions (durometer).

What you might need to know first:

1) I am old/broken, been 35 years since on skates.

2) A little fat at 6'3 and 235lbs (weight matters for wheels)

3) Will be used for light "speed & rhythm" skating.

4) Current set up: Bont Quadstar Skates & Bont Ballistic 92a wheels (wouldn't I slide all over with those wheels?)

*Additional info: The one person I spoke with at the local rink suggested 64a hardness which I don't think exists, so think he was trippin

Also, I used to like fairly wide and low profile wheels, but those seem to be all the harder wheels. Everything soft in the 74a realm seems to be around 33mm wide, and that sounds terrible, haha? (but again, I have old man thinking, I'm 50).

That's all I can think of at the moment. O, I don't want to break the bank on wheels either, and maybe my Bont Ballistics will be OK on sport court since they are 40mm wide, not sure. Skates should get here in a week.

Be well

Comments

• Since the concrete surfaces are quite slippery, your wheels must have an easy and outstanding grip. Most wheels that have a higher durometer scale have a good grip on concrete surfaces. If the wheels are hard, they hold onto concrete well. Besides, you can easily perform tricks and have great speed. A decent diameter that is around 53 to 54mm or above is a good choice for concrete park skating. This is because it provides balance and speed.

• Just buy scotts and be done with it, for your weight id go a 96 or higher depending on how tight the floor is.

https://www.coreyskates.com/

Altamuras

• I'd recommend the Mota Toxic in a 93A. I know the wheels you have. The durameter on the Toxic might be harder than your current setup, but the coefficient of friction will be higher (stickier). Those wheels use a special urethane formulation that is especially effective on slick coated sport court surfaces. Also, the Mota's glass-filled nylon hubs will hold your weight no problem. My friend is 235 and he loves them. Also, for urethane coated rinks consider the Roll Line Fox 57MM 92A (Green). Those are great for Rhythm on urethane.