Plate size for Bont Super B

Hello Doc,

I have a Bont Super B carbon fiber boot size 10 or 290mm. I am looking to put a Pilot Falcon Plus or a Sure Grip Power Trac plate on this boot. I currently have a Bont Black Widow Boot with a Cyclone NTS with Harry's reverse kingpin and DA45 trucks in 7mm size 6 plate with the axles measuring 7.6in or 193mm.

I mostly shuffle and rhythm with some middle work. The recommended plate size is down 2 which would be 174mm to 178mm. For my style which should I go for?

PS. I am also building a artistic boot so the plate size would also be roughly the same plate size you recommend.

Comments

• Are the high tops going to be used for the same rec style sk8ing?? If so yes, unless the rear mount holes do not reach the heel and leave a bit of space between the mount screws and the front of the heel.

I have never put a plate with more than a 7.5 inch wheelbase on anything. One of my best customers rides 7 1/4" Snyder Dance Imperial lites on his size 14 395s.

I just put a 170 Roll Line Giotto on a Bont 9. I have put 170s on US 11s.

As far as the plates, I think 6.75" Falcon would be the better choice. More flexibility in the action and the set up. The P Trac was designed for racing, period and although folks can shuffle etc on it, I don't recommend it because it takes some work to get the action to work for anything but that..

• Awesome advice on the 6.75

Thanks DocSk8