Curious 7mm bearing/axle sizes Roll-Line Energy

I have an unusual situation and was wondering if anybody might be able to shed some light on it - I have a Roll-line Energy plate on which non of my 7mm Bones bearings fit (swiss, labyrinth and reds) - they jam and won't go on past the thread of the axle. I know the axles aren't 8mm as I have some of them and they are way too big. The Bones bearings fit my Roll-line Dance plates OK, just not the Energy. Interestingly enough, I found some 7mm bearings deep in my skating box of stuff that do fit so I guess they're a bit bigger than the usual, but they're pretty ragged and sticky. I think they were the ones from back when I had a Roll-line Variant. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody else has encountered any subtly different-sized 7mm axles like these, and what bearings I might buy that might fit my marginally-too-big Energy plates? Not sure what else to try...

Comments

• Or just buy 7 to 8mm sleeve for 8mm bearings.

From The Netherlands

• Thanks, a good suggestion - I will have a look around for some.

• That's pretty interesting, I have had Energy plates as well and haven't encountered that issue with my bearings. The only thing that has ever happened to me like that is when I've had bearings that have been on the axles for a long time and just needed a small tug to pull out.

HOWEVER, I would highly recommend you make sure you don't have spacers in your wheels that you're trying to put onto your axles, that would completely explain why they aren't moving past the threads. You have to make sure you align the spacer properly before putting on the wheels or it'll get caught on the axle. I've been tricked before wondering why my wheel won't go on when there were spacers floating around in my wheels, oops!

• Thanks for your help, I finally figured it out - the axles were a bit rusty and dirty and that was preventing the bearings from going on. A good clean and its all sorted.

• Great, glad to hear the mystery is solved and it was just something simple!

• Maybe next timd apply a thin film of anti seize grease to prevent seizing and rust.

From The Netherlands

• Roll Line axles are really 7mm, not to be confused with the 9/32" that most of the rest use. That makes for a tighter fit, which is good, until you get a little fuzz on the axle, as you discovered.

A little buff with some Scotchbrite will fix that.