New to Inline Speed - Ankle Strain

Hi, I'm Scott, I'm new to the site and the sport. I'm 37 and grew up on skates/rollerblades and my daughter (7) has fallen in love as well. We recently joined a local indoor speed team. We're about 3 months into 2 or 3 day a week practices, and over the last month I've developed a nagging left ankle issue. There hasn't been any trauma to the ankle, it wasn't sprained or twisted, just started hurting. It's mostly a dull ache that's easy enough to ignore, but the ankle is noticeably weaker (I'm a lefty, so that's not normal) and has buckled in a turn several times. I took one pretty good fall, but there have been several other near miss saves.

Rather than going to a doctor and having them tell me to stop skating, I thought you guys might have some thoughts or personal experiences. Pain wise, it's minor and so far I've pushed through hoping it will heal and strengthen over time, but it's been unchanged over the past month. I thought I'd see if anyone had any inline specific tips or advise; exercises, braces, etc...

I appreciate any thoughts or input you may be able to help with.