Suggestion Needed For Skates

edited November 2021 in Beginner Skaters

Hi all, I'm new to skating but I have a lot of experience in skateboards. I can also perform tricks on skateboards my balancing in skateboard is next level but now i want to learn skating recommend me from where should I get started thanks.

Comments

• I've skated a lot on ice and inline and there's no doubt in my mind that ice is the faster, more precise and more exhilarating of the two. Which are you interested in doing? If I was in your shoes I'd sign up for figure skating lessons (even if that's not really an interest of yours). The skills they'll teach you will be with you for the rest of your life and will be useful to you no matter what type of skating you do.

• I would recommend roller skating. It's a great activity to help you lead a healthier lifestyle! Light roller skating is relatively easy to learn, and aside from providing you with a great sports activity, a nice pair of roller skates can soon become your type of transportation. 

• My Nike shoe size is 14 and I use an 8.25 board, almost 5-inch toe is protruding.

• 8.25 will be easier to flip and a little lighter overall, while the 8.5 will give you more room to land and maybe just a little more stable. Take a look at both sizes at a shop or park and decide from there.

• Skate shoes are more durable and have additional protective features, such as toe caps and lace guards, because they are designed expressly for skating. These shoes, however, are not as adaptable as sneakers due to their unique purpose. They can also be more costly.

• Depends on activity you prefer to do.

Dance moves are normally associated with roller skates.

Speed and aggressive skating are associated with inline skates.

If you are going to do more tricks, hard boot is recommended.

Also, they’re different wheel sizes. Starting off most beginners should stick with 80mm as they offer the best control and acceleration.