On 4x110 no go On 125 not to complain.

edited June 2020 in Inline Speed

I have a very strange problem. When riding on 4x110 my ankles are tired in no time. On 125 12,6" my ankles last much much longer ( no tired feeling). I cant find out what probleem can cause this. Maybe frame alignment? Thanks for help.

From The Netherlands

Comments

• Maybe super weak ankles for 4x110?

From The Netherlands

• It's usually the opposite for most people, since the higher deck height of the 125 setup has less stability and it's harder to keep your ankles from falling in.

Is the comparison using different frames and wheels mounted to the same boots?

Indoor Inline: Pinnacle Full Customs | Junk Fury 4x110 | TLTF/Simmons Wheels | NMB

Outdoor Inline: Simmons Full Customs | Junk Fury 4x110 | Junk Wheels | NMB

Quads: Reidell 911 | Roll-Line Giotto | Corey Super-Ds/JG Hubs/B-Skater 71mm Outdoor | Bones Swiss/NMB

• Thanks!

Two different boots but same model: Luigino Bolt with single and dual slot(s) mount at front. For 4x110 frame: Cadomotus dual Box T5.

From The Netherlands

• Here

20200526_113251.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 7M
    20200608_074807.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 5M

From The Netherlands

• Also with 3x125 steering, speed are better. On bad road 4x110 much better.

From The Netherlands

• I think you're right about frame alignment as a first guess. Second maybe its the deck height. Just comparing the pics side by side it surprisingly looks like the cadomotus has a higher deck height.

• Thanks I will have a look at frame alignment. Didnt pay attention to 4x110 setup, all frames are in middle. On 125 setup I have aligned frames.

Yeah I think you may right regarding deck height. Will do some measuring.

Thanks all.

From The Netherlands

• You mentioned in another post that are small in stature. Smaller skaters often have difficulty pushing long frames. I don't have a good handle on the mechanism or how that leads to ankle soreness. Perhaps the longer strides that the 4x110's 13.2 wheelbase demands are pushing your ankles beyond their limits.

I would be really surprised if the 4x110 had a higher deck height.

For a historic note: 5x90 came out at roughly the same time as 4x100. 5x90 was the left in dust, in part, because many skaters could not handle such a long frame.

I just realized that you aren't using the same boot. Have you tried putting the boot from the 3x125 rig on the 4x110? A reduction in heel/ankle support can easily account for increased ankle fatigue.

• Yes I am a short man 1,7 meter. I have only problem at front of ankle area ( boot buckle flap area).

So total length doesn't say much? I mean 12,6" 3x125 is same length as 4x110.

Will try alignment first. Took me some time to adjust 4x125 setup for reasonable weight balance.

From The Netherlands

• Same height here: 5'7" (1.7 m). Do you think 12.5-12.6 inch frames are close to ideal for us?

• Responsiveness varies with wheel base, not total length. Total length matters for crossovers and tight spacing. USARS (are they still called that?) has a limit of 500mm for total length for its indoor races.

As for whether a shorter wheel base is better for shorter skaters: probably. But I'm at the other end of the spectrum so anything I tell you on the subject is, at best, second hand.

• What do you mean by tight spacing e.g indoor tracks?

From The Netherlands

• Indoor racing takes place on very small courses with tight turns and little margin for error. The more space the equipment takes up, the more risk there is of collision. At least that is my understanding of why the limit exists. I am not an indoor racer.

• edited June 2020

• Ahh yeah that makes sense! Thanks!

From The Netherlands

• Have just measured overall deck height.

125 setup is about 1cm higher at front and rear sections.

From The Netherlands

• edited June 2020

Problem solved, heatmolding and alignment were problems.

Only small blister spot at right inner ankle area.

Rolling resistance and speed up easier with 125.

With 110 easy crossovers to right and left directions. Also I have no knee pain at left leg, with 125 I have this pain.

Thanks for help all!🤗

From The Netherlands