Advice on Plate Size

I recently decided to upgrade my skates that I have been skating on since 1980. My current set up is a Riedell 595 (size 4) mounted to Satellite plate size B (axle 5.25 and 7mm single action truck). About 15 years ago, I did purchase a new 595 (size 3.5) and mounted a Laser plate (size is 8.3 axle 5.5). Unfortunately, the axle distance never did feel "right". My current set up appears to be more of a sport mount and the laser plate set up seems more traditional (mounted by Sure Grip). Mounting is new for me since I was a kid and my father mounted everything for me.

I recently purchased the Riedell Solaris size 4. I was thinking of mounting it to the Sure Grip Power Trac. I have a brand new set of Bones Swiss Ceramics in a 7mm, therefore I was looking for a 7mm axle. The recommended size for the Power Trac by Sure Grip is 525 which matches my current axles. My current style of skating is recreational indoors hoping to get back the skills (turns and spins) I had 35 years ago. I was a competitive speed skater from 1976 - 1983 competing in Nationals in 1982. I am hoping to avoid the same problem I had with my purchase 15 years ago.

My questions are:

1. Do you recommend the Power Trac?
  2. If so, what size would you recommend?
  3. If you have suggestions for other plates and sizes, I open to those suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your advice,

Lori